Friday, June 22, 2018

Week 1: Bonn and Belgium


Ich bin Nancy. Ich comme aust Dallas, Texas. Welcome to my blog!

This first week in Bonn has been a blast. It has been so exciting to explore this new town and get to know everyone on the trip. I like the size of Bonn so far because it is big enough that it has things to do, but not so big that it is hard to get places. It did take a couple days to fully figure out my bus schedule, especially because it was different for Corpus Christi on Thursday, but overall I’d say that things are going well.

Image.jpeg
Here is a picture of the Rhine, taken from a beer garden that we visited with some of the student workers at AIB. 

On the academic side of things, I have enjoyed our German lessons. Hilde, our German teacher, is hilarious and has definitely taught us some useful phrases that make it easier to get around. I’ve actually been surprised about how many words in German are so similar to their English counterparts, which also helpful when trying to navigate the town and order food. 

Speaking of Hilde, one of my favorite academic things we did this week was to go to Bingen and visit the museum and garden of Hildegard. It was so interesting to see the plants that Hildegard would have used as a healer. 

Image_1.jpeg
This weekend, I went to Belgium and had the best waffles of my life. I would definitely recommend going to Brussels and getting waffles from the waffle stands by the peeing boy statue. I loved the freedom of exploring the city without any obligations or definite plans. 

No comments: