Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Showering with Stone // Week 2

Highlights of Week 2

- Lecture over comparison of healthcare systems (specifically U.S. vs. Germany)

- Lecture over Saunas

- Dr. Wasser introducing us to Becky G's bops

- Meeting Dr. Fajt/our first two lectures on Pharmacology

- German lunch with Hilda

- BARCELONA
_________________________________________________________________________________

11 Things I'll Never Forget About My Barcelona Experience


1. The Food
Barcelona took #1 in the food category for me. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks --- all of the above were incredible.

Mediterranean Avocado Toast

2. Our Airbnb (aka the glorified hostel)
We stayed right across from Camp Nou (home of FC Barcelona). 

3. Stone forgetting to pack his underwear, buying more underwear for 30 euros, and then forgetting those underwear in a restaurant
Sweet boy...

4. Going to bed after 5am 
Basically, I've been surviving off the motto "I'll sleep when I get back to the U.S."... with occasional naps here and there.

5. Showering with Stone
We had communal bathrooms/showers at this Airbnb with two shower stalls. Our host told us to use both of them at the same time to reduce the amount of time our group was taking up the bathroom/the amount of time the showers were on because it might keep others from sleeping because of the noise. Stone wasn't my shower buddy all weekend, but he was my first, so it was very memorable... luv u Stone (':

6. The coldest shower I've ever taken
So, the first night all was good. We had no problems with the temperature of the shower, but the second and third nights were a totally different story. So, the second night (or morning I guess) we got back at 5am. I was dead tired, but I really wanted a shower. The shower would not heat up at all. It was the equivalent temperature of an ice bath. I was really hoping this was just a one night thing, but no. The same thing happened again the next time. Needless to say, when I got back to Bonn, I appreciated the warm shower at Bonnox more than ever before.

7. The Beach
Rain or shine, the beach is my happy place. 

Stone & I at Barceloneta Beach 
8. The Sagrada Familia 
The Gaudi-designed landmark church.



9. Park Guell
A park full of Gaudi's sculptural buildings. It overlooks the whole city. Totally worth the hike it takes to get there (even at 7am).



10. Parc de la Ciutadella 

Savanna, Lauren, Megyn, Jen (me), & Stone

11. Drinking water from the fountains in Barcelona 
They say if you drink the water from the Barcelona drinking fountains, then you're destined to return one day.











No comments: