Monday, June 18, 2018

Week Two Already?

    I can't believe it's already been two weeks since we've been in Germany! I'm getting pretty used to everything, I'm becoming more familiar with Bonn and just thoroughly enjoying everything.  I was most excited this week to start having Pharmacology classes because it's such an interesting topic and a little change in schedule.  So far I'm really liking both classes though, they are both subjects I'm truly interested in so I'm really excited to learn more.
   Visiting Cologne was pretty fun as well.  Because I'm staying in a hotel, we have to make or buy our own meals so we haven't gotten to try a lot of traditional German meals.  From talking to everyone else, they don't get German food every night but at least once a week so being able to have lunch at the German restaurant was really exciting.  The tour of the roof of the cathedral was also amazing.  I've gone up on the roof of Cathedrale Notre Dame de Strasbourg but this tour was so much better.  We were actually able to walk around the small pathways inside of the walls of the cathedral while the tour guide told us about the history of the building.  The view of the spires from the roof was absolutely amazing.
    This weekend we also traveled to Dublin! It was both shocking and nice to hear English around me. I had gotten used to hearing only German spoken around me and going to Ireland was nice to hear English but also caught me a little by surprise every time.  We visited Howth on Saturday and hiked up to the cliffs. I've honestly never seen anything in person more beautiful.  The town was super cute and had all the fish and chips I could ever want but the true gem of the trip was the view of the ocean from the cliffs.  As exhausting as it is at the end of every weekend from traveling, it's very much worth it because every new place gets better and better.

In Howth we also ran into another group of Aggies!



No comments: