Monday, June 11, 2018

No Pain, No Gain - Week 2

No pain, no gain is the motto you have to live by in order to truly do your weekend trips right. I did not think that it was possible to walk so much around one city and still fail to see it all. This week we travelled to the city of Barcelona, which blew my mind because it was completely different than any place I have ever been! The culture was very fun and created a great atmosphere, we even got to witness one of Barcelona’s strikes. The strike surprised me because the public was very well informed before about when the strike would happen and they had a loudspeaker playing music and the participants were dancing and singing along to the words while holding their signs. This form of protest is drastically different than anything I have witnessed in America. Another thing that I enjoyed about Barcelona was the beatiful architecture. It was so amazing to see how much it contrasted the European cities that I have seen so far, especially the main cathedral. Sagrada Familia was stunning and a complete opposite of any cathedrals I had the chance to see in Brussels and I can’t imagine what it will look like when it is finished. Which is why I will have to plan my next visit accordingly, after all I did drink from the fountain! The trip was amazing and adventurous and ended with a sprint through the airport terminal only to make it to the flight while it had began boarding!
While I am sad to end one adventure, I am looking forward to all that awaits us on Norderney. This experience seems like something that is once in a lifetime and I couldn’t be more ready to experience the famous spa island! This week has been off to a great start with a very interesting and interactive pharmacology class; and also coming home to a traditional styled German meal! The meal consisted of worsts, potatoes, sourcraut, and a type of meat made out of liver. To my surprise the liver was actually quite tastey, and resembled bologna! I have already had the pleasure of trying many foods that I would never order at a restaurant, but have found to be very good in many unique ways!
On to the next adventure, 
                                Lauren 

No comments: