Sunday, June 24, 2018

Can You Spot the Differences Between these Two Norderney Seagulls Images?(Week 3)




        1) The Head of the Seagull is Smaller


Confession:  I often feel trapped in my head over-analyzing social situations. Despite being an outgoing person, I am constantly overthinking the simplest of interactions, leading to mental frustration. However on Norderney, after the tranquil alone time spent at the Badehaus spa and self-reflecting on the quite beach, I came to the realization that I have the capability to choose to “restart” despite already being 2.5 weeks in the program. Even if other peers have previous judgments of me, both on this program and back home, it doesn’t matter because each day I can chose to change to be the person I want to be. I can chose to get out of my head. I love the natural therapies we learned on this program because they not only focus on your body’s physiology, but more importantly, one's mind and soul.  

2) The Ground is Higher Up


As a 21 year old college student, it is so easy to have your daily thoughts be mostly consumed about yourself. How will this situation effect ME? What do I want to do with MY life? Ect. For the past year I have been so frustrated with myself for not thinking more worldly thoughts. However on Norderney, I was given the opportunity to reconnect to my spirit (while mediating on an empty coast of the North Sea…casual), and over the 5 days we spent on the island I noticed my thoughts starting to gear more towards others. And not just others on the TAMU program, but about global issues. Staring off at the vast coastline, you recognize just how small you are, one of millions. I definitely feel more grounded after Norderney.

3) The Beach Poles are Closer Together 


SAUNA SISTERzzz!!! After the mud treatment from the Badehaus, I feel immensely closer to everyone. Nothing like rubbing mud on your fellow naked Aggie that strengthens your connection to them. During the spa experience I felt reconnected to my femininity as well. We all looked like aged bronze statues of goddesses! This united confidence was empowering and brought all 13 of us closer together. 


Beside these 3 intentional adjustments between these photos, there are probably more differences between the two (due to crappy Photoshop abilities) that I do not notice. Likewise, there are most likely changes within myself that others may see that I cannot.Overall, I feel apprehensive to say, “I’ve completely changed into a better person in the 5 days on Norderney,” but I can say with confidence that I am not the same person leaving the island as I was arriving. 


No comments: