Sunday, May 26, 2019

TSA just frisked me down and I kind of liked it

I’m pumped for this. Like pumped, pumped. Currently I am sitting at the terminal, waiting for my plane to sweep me away. I am very much looking forward to meeting my host family and arrive in Bonn. Months ago this trip seemed like nothing more than a distant thought, but now the time to leave has finally come.

Academically, I am very excited for the coursework. Both courses, History of Medicine and Neurophysiology of Music, are sure to be very interesting. It is my hope that these courses enrich both my undergraduate learning, and my medical school application. Beyond the coursework, I am soooo ready to experience German (and all of the rest of European) culture. While I have traveled to Europe before, I stayed mostly in the Mediterranean region, and did not get to venture into Germany. I am looking forward to meeting new people, trying out new things, eating some freakin bratwurst, and drinking some of that fine German beer (legally).

Last week, as the Game of Thrones finale aired, I began to watch the first episode of season 1 for the first time. I’ve been mildly addicted since, plowing through like 4 seasons already. While this will serve as awesome in flight entertainment, it is my hope that Germany is so much fun that I forget all about Jon Snow or Daenerys, and have no want at all to watch the show. Is Bonn is more exciting than King’s Landing? I’m not sure, but I am thrilled to find out.

No comments: