Saturday, May 25, 2019

Bonn Here I Come!

It's 9:18 here in Houston, and I just got home from a wonderful send-off dinner with my family. It was a bittersweet gathering, as I'm very close to my parents and extended family, and it will be difficult to be so far away them. But while talking to my family about the coming adventure, I couldn't keep a smile off my face, and I realized how excited I truly am to be leaving tomorrow.

It has long been a dream of mine to study abroad, but I never thought I would actually have the opportunity. So when Dr. Waltz came to speak about the HoM program, I jumped on the idea and sent in an application that same day! I was especially eager to join the program because my dad lived in Germany for 4 years, and I grew up hearing stories of his childhood there and have always wanted to visit. I also could not pass up the opportunity to take a class that has anything to do with music as a BIMS major! I play the French Horn and piano and was very invested in band and orchestra in high school, so I am thrilled for the concert in Vienna and all of the musical museums we will visit.

I hope to learn a lot about German culture during the program  and to maybe even pick up the language (I have been practicing!). I'm interested to see how different, or similar, daily life will be compared to Texas. I have high expectations for this trip, and cannot wait to learn all I can. Despite some pre-flight jitters, I am ready to be off and experience Germany!


           I got one last picture of my cat, Peaches, who I will probably miss the most while I'm gone! :(

No comments: