Saturday, May 25, 2019

Oh well… here I go!

Never in a lifetime, I would have imagined I was about to face the experience that is coming towards me at extremely high speed. I never thought three weeks could go by so fast, but I guess, after all, the definition of time is relative. Two days ago, I was telling my mom and friends that I still had two weeks to get ready for my study abroad, but I guess it was not two days ago after all, and it is time to begin the countdown.
I have a feeling in my stomach that does not seem to go away, at this point I’m not sure if its excitement, or nerves or hunger (I’m a stress eater) or all of the above. I can come up with countless reasons for me to feel this way, but these reasons are the same reasons that led me to embrace this opportunity. The opportunity of exploring a new continent, and be able to explore so many amazing places was one of the main reasons why I chose this program.
Another fundamental reason that led me to choose this program was that it offers the opportunity to learn about the history of medicine in Europe, while we are there. Learning about this topic in Europe itself will make it easier for us to understand and picture the situation and culture, rather than just trying to picture it in our minds.
My expectations about the trip, among many others, include me being able to get out of my comfort zone. As a shy person and an introvert, going to a different country for six weeks is somehow difficult. Hopefully, this trip will help me overcome this, and who knows, maybe even my extremely bad sense of orientation will get better.
Right now, I’m only a few hours away from departure, and I still don’t believe it, but still feel kind of excited, and hungry. See you all in Germany! :)

No comments: