Sunday, May 26, 2019

Ready As I'll Ever Be


Thanks Mom and Dad! Who knows how this trip would have happened without their support, which has never wavered, even on the 4am drive to the airport. This journey I am about to embark on is one I have long waited for. I wish my family could come with me, but I am ready for the challenge of truely traveling on my own.

There is a sense of satisfaction embarking on this journey as I am completing a major goal of my academic career of studying abroad. Exploring the world is an important component to my education and the opportunity to visit Germany is a dream come true. Germany holds a special place as that is where my family it from. I am looking forward learning about cultural impacts that shaped current german medical practices. It will be interesting to compare the medical practices in another country to the U.S. 

I am slightly nervous for the trip as there are still unknowns but that keeps it exciting. German culture is something I looking forward to learning more about and to expand the little bit I know about their language. I am ready for the memories I will make while on this trip as well as strengthen friendships and make new ones. Bis bald Germany!

No comments: