Tuesday, May 28, 2019

In the airport.

Most people would say that they procrastinated and that’s why the first blog is happening in the airport. I am not one of those people. Mine was intentional. For international flights, you have to get to the airport THREE HOURS EARLY. I knew I was going to want something to do to pass the time or I would get very annoyed at the “hurry up and wait” nature of airports.

So here we are, about to leave for Germany and I don’t really have words to describe how I’m feeling.. Excited? Anxious? Just ready to be there already? I’m going to go with mostly the ladder. I’m ready to meet my host family face to face - they seem like they are going to be awesome from the emails I’ve shared with them. More than anything, I’m ready for the food! That’s my favorite part of travel, FOOD. I’ll make sure to keep y’all updated on everything!

Okay y’all, I’m going to challenge myself. I’m going to learn German. Emerson is the best way of learning so I’m told. We’ll see how I do in 12 weeks I guess!

I think it’s time to go through security. Pray for my sanity.

Mom waited at Starbucks with me till I had to go in. What a trooper❤️

No comments: