Saturday, May 25, 2019

Next Stop: Bonn!

After initially being unsure of whether or not I wanted to take part in this study abroad, I ultimately decided it would be a really good thing for me to do after reading the blog posts of past students. I am so excited to begin this journey! I have been in Portugal with my family for the past week, and it has definitely flown by. While Portugal is beautiful and I have enjoyed my time here, I am definitely ready to begin my stay in Germany. It is honestly hard for me to remind myself that six weeks in Germany sounds like a long time, but I know that it will likely feel like it is over way too soon. I have been lucky enough to get to travel the world, but I have never been away so long. I am nervous to be away from Texas (and tex-mex) for so long, and I especially know I will miss my cat! I do know that this experience will provide me with new skills and a new outlook on the world. I am so excited to learn about the history of medicine, and I'm hopeful that this experience will help me narrow down future careers. That being said, I'm so excited to start this adventure, I can't wait to see you all on Monday!

No comments: