Sunday, May 26, 2019

Deutschland, I'm Coming

Well... the day is finally here!!! I have been thinking about this trip nonstop since finals wrapped up. My parents dropped me off at the Houston airport 3.5 hours before my flight thinking there would be a huge line. There wasn't. But that gave me plenty of time to write my first blog entry. The most stressful part of this trip so far was the packing. I am always the person to pack a ridiculous amount of clothes, so packing it all in one suitcase and one carry-on was quite the challenge. But, to everyone's surprise I got it all packed and my suitcase weighs 50.0 pounds exactly. Phew!

On the days leading up to this I was not nervous at all. But when I woke up this morning, the butterflies kicked in. I have this weird feeling in my stomach - a good feeling though. Although I have traveled out of the country before, this is the longest I'll be away in an unfamiliar place. There are so many things that I am looking forward to: meeting my host family, meeting fellow Aggies, traveling on the weekends, listening to interesting lectures, the food, and much more. There are also some things I'm worried about, like a communication/culture barrier, navigating my way around, and having a different schedule than what I'm used to. However it's comforting to know that I have a team of support around me. I am so thankful that I have my host family, my classmates, Dr. Wasser, and Professor Waltz to share this experience with. I also cannot thank my parents enough for helping me make this trip happen. I am truly blessed! For the past few months, my study abroad felt like it was so far off. Now it's all happening right now! I cannot wait to share all my experiences. Time to go grab some lunch and get on the plane. Here we go.

Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments: