Saturday, May 25, 2019

And So It Begins!

     In 14 hours, I will be departing from the Oklahoma City airport headed on what may be the wildest adventure I go on. I have been fortunate to travel abroad with family a few times, but nothing has prepared me for navigating through a Swedish airport (layover) by myself. As I sit looking at my full suitcase, I am feeling all of the emotions possible-- nervousness, excitement, and eagerness mainly.
     Learning about the history of medicine in Europe is what I am most excited about. It will be interesting to compare medicine as I know it to be in America to the culture of European medicine. Along with medicine, I am looking forward to immersing myself in the German lifestyle and getting to live like they do.
     This summer is going to be a chance to grow as a person and expand my knowledge of Europe and medicine. I applied for this program the very last day I could, not sure whether I should go abroad or stay home and work. Being spontaneous is not one of my attributes, but I decided this summer was a good summer to break out of my comfort zone. See you so soon Germany!

No comments: