Sunday, May 26, 2019

The day has finally come

This day came by faster that I had expected. I am feeling a mix of emotions right now as I wait for my plane. I have traveled out of the country before, but not this far away. I feel excited but also really nervous. I was actually scared of getting lost trying to find my terminal but I found it. I also feel like I procrastinated somewhat. I packed and unpacked my luggage 3 times because I had over packed and the luggage was weighing more than the 50 pound weight limit. Right before I left my house I was still scrambling to stuff last minute items into my carry on bag. Hopefully the stuff I bring back all fits in these bags...

I can't wait to meet my host family and see the school where we will be taking classes in. I hope to learn more about the German culture and the language. I'm  also looking forward to visiting other European countries during my free weekends.

More than anything, I am extremely grateful for this opportunity. I want to thank my mom and dad for making this trip possible. I also want to thank my host family for letting me stay in their home and be part of their family.

Now that I am thinking about it I never had study abroad planned anywhere in my 4 year degree plan, but I am glad I made this decision.

I really can't think of anything else to write now because I am so nervous. Still waiting to board my flight.

See you soon Germany!



No comments: