Sunday, May 26, 2019

Less than 24 hours until Bonn!

I am currently waiting to leave my house for the airport and I have never had such a mixed array of feelings. My family has been so excited for me to go but also has continuously reminded me of how much they'll miss me being home for the summer. They and I both agreed though that this is going to be a summer of a lifetime. I only started packing the day before and felt so unprepared for what I might need. I have traveled abroad before but never to Europe so my expectations of what the culture is like there is a bit unknown. I have a friend who's from Germany who has told me over and over again that the people there are much more nicer than other countries in Europe. I think my biggest fear is that my lack of German is going to insult a local or I'm just not going to be able to communicate whatsoever. I am very excited to meet my Host mom and get to know all about her. I also am very excited to get to know everyone on the trip and get to explore Europe with everyone. My family is meeting up with me at the end of the trip so I can't wait to have so many stories to share with them and get to show them everything I did. I am so excited to throw myself into Bonn and really immerse myself into the culture and people. Even though I am a bit nervous, it's all mostly irrational fears of what may happen but in reality probably never will. Can't wait to see everyone in Frankfurt!

No comments: