Friday, May 24, 2019

Germany Jitters

     As my departure date draws near, the trip I have been dreaming about for years is becoming real. I am both eager and anxious, as this will be unlike anything I have done before. 
     My decision to study abroad was guided by a wish to learn about new places, people, and cultures, and I believe immersion is the best way to experience this. I am looking forward to staying with a host family and hopefully developing a lifelong relationship with them. I love that this program provides the opportunity to live like a local rather than simply be a tourist on vacation. I can’t wait for the planned excursions, but I also know the spontaneous adventures will be some of the most fun times. I hope to gain novel perspectives on the delivery of healthcare, and I think this study abroad will allow for unique insight on the structure of medical systems.
     Though I have wanted to travel for as long as I can remember, the reality of it won’t hit me until I am standing in Germany. I am excited to embark on this journey and look forward to all the memories that will be made!

No comments: