Friday, May 24, 2019

Here’s to New Beginnings

Excitement, curiosity, with a little side of nervousness is an accurate way to explain my emotions as I sit and wait at for my flight to Frankfurt. I am excited for the experiences of a lifetime that I know will provide myself with a new perspective on life. Curious about the different cultures that I will be immersed in and nervous to be 5,066 miles from my home. 

When I decided to take on this journey, a goal to see the world was set. I chose this program because I have friends who have completed this same journey and said it was the experience of a lifetime. They told me about their amazing host family, all the sites to see, and the amazing friendships they made along the way. 

I hope that I can capture this and more from my time abroad. I have seen the pictures and heard the stories, but I am ready to be in Bonn for myself. I hope to feel a part of their community, diversify my outlook on life and learn about all of the rich history. 

Well, they just announced boarding! Goodbye Azle, Texas. Hello Bonn, Germany. 

Last picture I got to take from my front porch in Texas! 


No comments: