Monday, May 27, 2019

Before Bonn

I can’t believe how quickly our May departure date came. Time truly flew I feel like it was yesterday  that I got the acceptance notice that I was going to get to come to Germany. I have been so excited for weeks to finally get to leave North America and travel to Europe for the first time. I have heard numerous times (probably because I talked about the program to anyone who would listen) that I need to take so many pictures and try and FaceTime friends and family so I can tell them about the experience. There was so much to get done before the trip I was shocked I didn’t stress more. In all honesty, I was very nervous on what to pack, how to navigate the airport, and how long the flight was going to be. 

I ended up meeting my family in Europe a week before the program on family vacation to Greece. The past week has made me even more excited for the hero’s journey to begin because I love experiencing the new cultures and environments. I have heard so many great things from friends who went abroad and even better things from a friend who came on the hero’s journey last summer. I hope to learn a lot about the German culture, especially getting to live in a house with my host family who I could not thank enough for letting me stay in their home. The two courses for the program are also so fascinating and I can’t wait for what Dr. Wasser and professor Waltz have to teach us.

I can’t wait to start the History of Medicine program, see you soon Bonn!

No comments: