Friday, May 24, 2019

I Can't Believe It's Finally Here!!

     After spending about an hour reading the blog posts written by the students on last summer's adventure, reality started to set in. I’m ACTUALLY about to spend the next six weeks in Germany.  I've known that I was going on this trip for months now, but it’s only just now starting to feel real. I’m excited and nervous and overwhelmed with emotions. I’m excited to immerse myself in a new and unfamiliar world, form new relationships, learn about medicine in Europe, and gain a new level of independence. I’m nervous to be alone for so long, away from home and my family (especially my dog) and far, far out of my comfort zone.  But, I know these fears will resolve soon after I step off the plane in Frankfurt.
I decided I wanted to go on this trip almost immediately after I read Dr. Wasser’s first email about the program. The description of the two courses, excursions, and free weekends to explore had me hooked. I knew it was a once in a lifetime opportunity, and felt like I just couldn’t pass it up. So, I went to the informational, submitted an application, and here we are.
I know I’m going to learn a lot of valuable things in the classroom, but I think the life skills I will develop and the memories I’m going to make will be priceless. I can’t wait to start this journey! See you all in Frankfurt!!

See below my sweet puppy Bentley, keeping me company as I write this post

No comments: