Saturday, May 25, 2019

The Countdown Continues

I'm very prone to procrastination as this last-minute blog entry can attest to; so, you can only imagine that I didn't actually start my packing until today. And what a mistake that was because once I thought I was done, a two-hour journey of getting my suitcase under 50 lbs. began. Luckily, in the end we got there but it took a lot of will power on my part especially when I had to part with my loving pair of Vans. But now that all of that is in the past I have more time to bask in my excitement for tomorrow. I couldn't tell you if the weird feeling in my stomach is due to nerves, excitement or the fact that I just ate my first home cooked meal in months. But I think excitement is at least 30% of the attributing cause. 
This experience is about to be one of a kind and I can't wait to experience the way other countries live. This is about to be my first time traveling outside of the Americas and Gulf of Mexico area which is rather daunting but it had to happen at some point so why not right now, when I'm in my prime and looking for adventure with very minimal consequences. I'm hoping and expecting to learn endless knowledge from these courses we're all about to take but also from the cultures of Germany and all the other countries I'm stopping by. Not everyone that is this young gets to experience being submerged in other cultures and I believe it'll not only better myself and my views but hopefully everyone else's. Hope to see y'all soon and experience the time of our lives!! 

No comments: