Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Trip to Bonn

Well, today we went to Bonn. It started out as an early morning, so I was not too excited. As we got closer and closer to arriving at Bonn I started to get anxious. Medicine has always been a dream for me, and today was almost like a test. I knew that if I could go into the surgery and stand there the whole time without getting queasy and then leave and eat lunch with no problem, I could survive being a physician. Well ladies and gentlemen, I passed my test with flying colors!!!!! I thought that it was so cool that we got to "dress up" to go into the surgery. We got to put on the blue scrubs, the clogg shoes, the hat, and the mask. Even though we looked like the epitome of Nerds I know that deep down inside we all loved it. We even took pictures in the dressing room. Michelle, Jean, and I all went into a room together and we lucked out because one of the doctors was super cool. He sat and explained tons of stuff to us. He even drew a picture on his pants to help us understand a process.

The trip on the way home was also pretty fun. We got on the wrong train to come home. No, I did not get lost again, We just got on a train that our tickets did not work on. Fortunately I did not get checked. On the flip side, Josh did get checked and had to pay 10 euros. I guess that it is good that only one out of eight got checked. Sorry Josh!

No comments: