Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Close call

Here's something I forgot to mention. We were on the train from Koeln back to Duesseldorf yesterday. The conductor came to check our tickets and asked Kathryn for ID with her ticket. I started searching for ID (I already had my ticket out for him to see). Kathryn showed him her ID and then he turned to me. I showed him my ticket but continued to frantically search for my card holder which carries all my cards including student ID and driver's lisence. Luckily he just waved it off and said it was okay. Good thing because it turned out I did not have my cards with me. I had left them at my host mother's house. That was a very close call. I am glad he did not see me ticket first because I would not have been able to produce ID. I seem to have ID problems. While we were in Paris I left my driver's license in the hotel room (they were apartments so they were not cleaned daily) because I did not want to lose it while out. In Germany they always had discounts for students so I had my student ID with me. Turns out in Paris they do it by age, so they wanted to see ID that showed when I was born. Luckily the lady believed me when I said I was 20 and I got the discount. It happened twice. WHEW. I''ll make sure to have all my cards with me at all times from now on.

No comments: