Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Korschenbroich

Well, I've arrived safely in Düsseldorf- no mishaps on the flight over. I too was surprised that everything was in English and that it was surprisingly easy to get around the airports. I was very thankful for that.

I'm living with the March family in Kaarst which is about 15 or so miles from Düsseldorf. Kerstin is from England and Max speaks perfect English so I'm thrilled that I am able to communicate easily with them. They have two sons Phillipe (5 yrs) and Alexander (3 ys). They are very sweet but do not speak English.

To get to Kaarst I'm supposed to take this trolley car to Haam and then take the S28 Bahn to Kaarst. The stop for their house is easy enough to remember- its the end of the line for the train. Well, today, after I left AIB I was going home to have dinner with my host family at 6. I got to Haam and was waiting on the train and when it came I got on. It went through five stops that looked familiar and then about 20 minutes later I realized I was on the wrong train. I ended up in a lovely little town called Korschenbroich. I got off and took the train in the opposite direction back to the Nuess Hbf and was finally able to make my way home to Kaarst about 40 minutes later.

No comments: