Sunday, July 17, 2005

Sleep...mmmm, lecker!

Ah sleep is goooooooood. After our (all day and no joking) trip to Heidelberg, which I actually enjoyed immensely, I got home shortly after 2am. I then proceeded to sleep until 3pm >8^) My host-dad has finally come home (he was giving artist workshops to art teachers in the Lincoln Center in New York all this week.) So I have finally met the entire family and I like them a lot. My host-brother, Djamil, is a little (well, a lot) computer crazy. This is actually good because he doesn’t speak English, but lots of German computer lingo was borrowed from English so I can still understand much of what he is saying (since all he talks about is computers.)
Regarding the program, I understand why we started out learning about German culture and history and while I think that it’s interesting, I can’t wait to get to the medicine part of the course. The open heart surgery is the highlight of this week and I, personally, can’t wait to see the horse breeding farm and the veterinary clinic in the following weeks.
Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: