Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Paris Excursion

This weekend we went to Paris. Amazingly we were able to see it in only 2 days thanks to tour guide Barbie and tour guide skipper. There were 6 of us who mainly traveled together and I thought it was great how we each used our individual strengths to get the most out of our trip. We started at Versailles, which was absolutely amazing. I couldn't believe that someone was crazy enough to build a place like that. Then we continued on to Notre Dame, the Arc, and the Eiffel tower. I thought a lot of these things were overrated, but it was one of those things that you "had to see." The second day we went to the Louvre, Sacre Cours, and the ending of the Tour de France. It was amazing being able to witness a record being broken. After the race we went out to eat at a tiny French restaurant and I have decided that the only French food worth eating is Crepes. My favorite part of the trip was sitting at the Eiffel tower at night drinking wine, it was the perfect ending to our trip. I can't wait to see how much fun we have in Amsterdam this weekend.

No comments: