Wednesday, July 13, 2005

First Impressions

Well I made it to Duesseldorf with out any problems. I was surprized that everything was in English, which made it much easier to travel than I thought it would be. My host family is wonderful even though they don't speak much English. We have a big yellow lab named Toby and the first German words that I have learned are sit, laydown, and rollover. I feel more comfortable speaking German to the dog because he only understands about as much German as I do. I also had my first experience with German punctualitly as well. The second day that I was here I was supposed to have breakfast at 7:40am and I was ready about a minute late and Margot was already knocking on my door. I am tired from walking around the city two days in a row, so that is all I have for now.

No comments: