Monday, July 25, 2005

Bonn

So, I have a little catching up to do here... On the academic side of the trip, my favorite thing so far has been the cardiac surgery. That is what made me want to come on the trip in the first place. I was so scared that I wasn't going to be able to go into the surgery because I was sick (sorry to those who are now sick as well). The day before I was so determined to feel better and make it into the surgery that I drank five HUGE bottle of water. I had to pee pee machen every 15 minutes that day, but by the next day I was feeling better and held my cough in long enough to appear healthy and was able to see the surgery. It was amazing. I've done rounds with doctors before but had never been in a surgery. To have this man right in front of me with his heart right there was so overwhelming. I've never experienced anything like it. I will never foget it. When I get back to the states I get to be in the delivery room with my aunt for her 3rd child. I'm very excited about that as well.

No comments: