Friday, July 22, 2005

Pre Paris departure

This week was even better than the last in my opinion, because we actually got to do alot more stuff related to medicine. The cruise down the Rhine was extremely cool, and I loved the scenery, I'm a sucker for the green hills and forests. Lunch at the small restaurant was really good, and also my first opportunity to taste schnitzel (however it is spelled) and it was really good, mainly because it just tasted like a pork chop. After lunch and going on an awesome tour of the Marksburg castle which I extremely enjoyed we went on my little wine tasting trip. I had a great time at the castle, because I love any kind of medieval sort of thing with a passion. I do have to say the greatest part of the Rhine cruise was watching Olaf climb onto one of those wobbly horse toys you find in playgrounds for children under 5. The wine tasting was really good, and I think everyone enjoyed it, what made it even more hilarious was watching some of the people afterward we had all had some wine to drink, I dont think I have to say much more on that subject than that. The next day we went to go to the university hospital and take a small tour of the ICU as well as watch open heart surgery in the operation room. I had seen open heart surgery as well as a few other types of "serious surgery" before, so it wasnt something extremely new to me, but I love watching it regardless. Eric and I also got a little lesson of anatomy/anesthesiology from the anesthesiologist in the room as he used Adrianne as a prop. The only thing more fun than watching surgeries is doing it yourself, which personally I really enjoy though it can be a bit nerve racking at times. Yesterday we went to the research farm which was really cool as well, mainly because that's more my field of focus at the moment, though I'm leaning more towards small animals and/or exotics or possibly specializing in some field of canine medicine. The only "typical" animal I would want to work with would be horses, so I'll more than likely stick with small animals.

Well that about sums it up for the week, and we will be heading to Paris in a few hours, so I'm extremely hyped and ready to get on the road.

No comments: