Friday, July 29, 2005

A Day at the Farm

Surprisingly enough for as much as I don't like farm animals, going to the Vet School in Hanover has been one of my favorite excursions thus far. I didn't know anything about basic farming and our tour guide for the farm was very interesting and knowledgeable. Lunch was good and I talked to some German girls, but they laughed at our entries in their guest book. Apparently the German thing to do is just sign your name. I really enjoyed touring the small animal clinic and I never realized that animal medicine was so similar to human medicine. I never knew that you could do a CT scan or an MRI on a dog. My favorite part was touring with Katherine at the Cow hospital. She cared so much about her cow patients and she was so kind and enthusiastic. I would like to take these qualities and mannerisms into my human practice. Lastly we watched a cow surgery which was interesting because they only use local anesthesia and the cow is standing up.

No comments: