Monday, July 25, 2005

Our weekend in Paris

Most of us spent the weekend in Paris. We only slept about 4 hours each night but we saw EVERYTHING. Beth was referred to as "Tour Guide Barbie" and I was "Tour Guide Skipper" since we are both huge planners and ran the group all our Paris during our 2 days there. The one thing that got all of us through the day without passing out was definately the crepes. Of the smaller group I toured with, each of us probably had about 4 crepes in 2 days. The sites were all gorgeous and being there was just so amazing. Some things I didn't like about Paris were that the city was really dirty and the men were too! Also, our service by one waiter in a cafe was horrible. He took 2 breaks between bringing all our food out to lean against a wall and smoke. It was so digusting! Now I know why people think Americans are germ-a-phobes. He completely grossed me out! Going to the Tour de France was really neat. How many people can say they were there the year Lance Armstrong won for the 7th (and final) year in a row? Well, actually, by the crowd, I would say alot of people will be able to say that. But it was still so cool! The most relaxing thing we did this weekend was laying out in the grass by the Eiffel Tower and watching the sun go down. Just amazing! I'm so happy I had the opportunity to go to France but I am glad to be back in Germany now. I love this city!!!

No comments: