Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Paris!

I had a blast this weekend in Paris! We were able to see everything, despite the rain... I spent most of the weekend with Shannon and Julie, my roommate from back home. It was great to be able to see Julie, and even better to be able to be in Paris with her! We saw all the basic touristy stuff, like Notre Dame, the Arc de Triumph, the Eiffel Tower, etc. Since I've been to Paris before, this was all a repeat, but was a lot of fun nevertheless.

On Saturday night, we were able to sit outside on the lawn and watch the Eiffel Tower light up... it was amazing, and something that I didn't get to see the last ime I came to Paris. I loved how it twinkled every hour for about five minutes. We took tons of pictures, of course, because we're Amercians! We also were able to walk the streets of Paris at night, and they were beautiful... even if a bit stinky. We enjoyed wine at a cafe that night, and went to bed exhausted.

On Sunday morning, we got up and went to an outdoor market where the vedors sold a little of everything. I bought all sorts of random souvenirs, like a purse, some earrings, and some coasters. (Like I need coasters?) It was fun to just walk around and see everything they were selling.. Although Shannon and I were aproached twice by a drug dealer... a little scary. There were vedors from Africa and India selling drums and scarves. There were a lot of shoe booths and exotic jewelry. Overall, it was a girl's paradise! After the market and visiting the surrounding area, we went back to the hotel to change into warmer clothes... and promptly fell asleep for several hours. We were disappointed that we wasted the afternoon, but felt very rested when it was time to go to dinner. We ate gourmet, since it was our last night in Paris. Yum Yum!

Although Paris was great, it was wonderfult o get back to Germany. I actually missed my host family, and the comfort I have found in their home. I also missed the food that I've become used to here. Overall, it was a great trip!

No comments: