Thursday, July 28, 2005

Gotta catch some Z's.....

Well the week is almost over, and it's been exhausting ever since we got back from Paris. Paris wasn't what I really expected. I always heard it's the most beautiful and romantic city in the world, but I just wasn't feeling it. If I had a girl there with me then things might have felt a little different, haha. The Louvre was cool, but oddly enough for me it was none of the "famous paintings" that caught my eye the most and blew me away, but one by an artist I didn't know depicting the death of Christ. It was just an awesome picture to put it simply. The rest of Paris was alright, but I never really warmed up to it until the last night there when we all hung out on the grass infront of the Eifel Tower at night and drank some wine. Needless to say I was dead tired by the end of it. The rest of this week has been pretty cool so far. The Bayer facility tour was pretty interesting, and I really liked visiting the vet clinic/school in Hannover today. I still dont really have much interest in working with cattle or pigs, but working with the smaller animals and horses is still top on my list. It was really cool to hang out with some of the vet students and talk with them when they gave us lunch, which was great by the way...I have a new fondness for curry sausage now. Being able to talk to the vet students and get their perspectives over a lot of different things was really good and enlightening, and even though it was a long day I highly enjoyed it.

No comments: