Sunday, July 31, 2005

Adventures in Holland...

Well it's our last day in Amsterdam and right now it's Michelle, Kristen, and myself chilling in an internet cafe for a while until it gets closer to the time for our train to leave. Amsterdam was certainly different than anything else I've ever experienced, but it was about what I expected. We all seemed to enjoy ourselves thoroughly minus today's horrible weather. We went through the Anne Frank house which was extremely cool to be in the place where all of the story took happened. It truly was an amazing feeling to be in the house and read actual excerpts from her diary. After Anne Frank we went to eat some pancakes/omelettes which were pretty good. We went to most of the various tourist attractions and all of which I really enjoyed, but I think we all got a huge kick out of walking around parts of the red light district, that was definitely nothing like any of us have experienced before.

Overall it was really fun, save for the weather at times, and we all seemed to enjoy ourselves but I think yet again like in Paris we are all ready to get back to Germany. I just can't believe that our time is over half gone for our trip, because it has gone by so unbelievably fast. Part of me wants to stay, but I'm also getting slightly anxious to be back home, making this the first time I can honestly say I've ever felt even remotely homesick.

No comments: