Friday, July 15, 2005

First week almost gone

Well the first week in Germany is coming to a close, and it's beyond me to put it into words how it has been so far. The flight wasnt bad at all for being my first one, but when I got to Germany I started getting a little anxious as to how my host family was going to be, because I didnt know anything about them because for some reason, unlike Eric I didnt get their email about their family so I had no idea what to expect. After meeting all of them and being offered my first German beer no more than 5 minutes after arriving at my host family's home, I was extremely pleased with my whole situation. All of the family is extremely nice and laid back and going extremely out of their way to make us feel comfortable. I'm not used to being spoiled so badly, so it is definitely a shift. The first day here my host sister took me to a little Italian restaurant for the best pizza I have ever had, and then the entire family took me out bowling, which I love to do. After Eric showed up the next day the guys took us out to play pool, even though I am no good at billiards it was still fun.

Yesterday we went on the tour of Köln and the cathedral which was fantastic, even though I was dead tired by the end of the day. Along with the wonderful tour, I had two gothic girls chase me down to argue whether or not my eyes are brown or green. This came out of absolutely nowhere and seemed to make everyone else laugh, so I took it as a compliment...I guess. Other than the unexpected event, it was a really good day for everyone.

No comments: