Thursday, July 21, 2005

Passport Problems and Wine Tasting

So when I woke up on Tuesday morning I was getting my wallet out of my bag and I realized that my passport was not in my bag. After comming home from Bonn I went on a desparate search for it with no avail. I was so afraid that I wasn't going to be able to go to Paris with everyone or worse yet that I would not be able to get back into the US. Lucky for me though when I went into the US Consulate this morning they had it. Apparently some one found it and the German police turned it into the Consulate.

Yesturday we went on a Rhine cruise and wine tasting. We started out in Baccarach and we boarded a boat and set out on the river. At first we were all sitting on the top deck of the boat watching the castles and small towns pass by. These towns were what I thought of when I thought about what Germany would look like before I got here. We eventually got to the stop for the Marksburg castle and we had a really great lunch at this small German restuarant. Luckily we toured the city for awhile before we hiked up this huge hill to Marksburg castle. We took a nice castle tour and afterwards we went to the wine cellar of this nice German family. When we went into the cellar there were nice tables all set out for us and we had the chance to taste five different wines. After the wine everyone was feeling pretty good and Dr. Wassser even sang to us. We loaded up on cases of wine to bring back to our families and went home because we were so exhausted.

No comments: