Thursday, May 18, 2017

Before I leave...

Why have I chosen to go on this trip? I believe that thinking about this question will provide answers to my expectations and fears of going. One main reason I have chosen to go on this trip is simply because I love traveling and it's a passion of mine. I've been to all continents except Antarctica, Australia, and Europe so this will be an awesome addition to my traveling ventures. I believe that personally seeing different parts of the world produces a greater appreciation for yourself and who you are. The second reason I have chosen to go on this trip is because I have a passion for medicine along with a huge curiosity for the history behind it. I believe that medicine has much of its roots in the European setting which I will first-handedly witness on this trip. This passion of medicine combined with my love of travel makes this trip a win-win situation for me. 
Given my reasons for traveling, my biggest expectation is that I learn. I expect to learn not only about the history of medicine and neurophysiology of music, but also about the cultures, the people, and the beautiful attractions in Germany and surrounding countries. Other than those expectations, I really don't know what to expect from this trip which I believe is a good thing so that I can enjoy the moments to the fullest rather than comparing them to my expectations.
Lastly, do I have any fears? To be honest, none come to mind The  only thing is the language barrier which I hear isn't that bad because just about everybody over there speaks English. The other one is transportation which will be a huge learning curve for me, but I'll eventually learn the system.
With all that said, I'm extremely excited for this trip and I'll see everyone in a few days!

No comments: