Saturday, May 20, 2017

Time to start packing!

Wait, only one more night and then I'll be on my way to Germany?? I still cannot believe that I will be in Europe for five weeks, and I am so excited. I have always loved traveling, and I before I came to Texas A&M, I knew I wanted to do some time studying abroad later in my undergraduate studies. I found out about the History of Medicine trip at the beginning of this spring semester and immediately knew that it was the right trip and the right time. Only given a few months to prepare made it difficult, but my family was supportive and made it possible, knowing it would be worth it. I love to experience different cultures, adventure in new places, and try new things, especially food (which I really hope to learn how to cook a German dish and make it for my family when I come back home). I know that this trip will provide me with the opportunity to do those things as well as learn about the history of medicine and see the progression that the medical filed has made over hundreds of years. I am also secretly excited to learn the neurophysiology of music. In elementary school I was in music memory and learned a lot of classical music, such as Beethoven, and being at his home city will be neat. Honestly, I am really not all that nervous about the trip. It might be because I have travelled to other countries before, or that I have always wanted to study abroad and I have been looking forward to it. At this point my biggest fear is over packing and still managing to forget something at home, but I know that anything I may need I can find in Germany. With that being said, I should probably start packing! Until next time!
Emily

No comments: