Sunday, May 21, 2017

sweet dreams (are made of this)

The trip has finally arrived. After an entire semester of anticipation and dreaming of this trip, I'm getting on a plane very soon to leave home for over a month. I've been abroad a couple times before, but always for max two or three weeks at a time, and never without my family, so I'm very eager to be put out of my comfort zone and do some traveling alone. I'm excited to fully experience German culture and people and food and to hopefully learn some German along the way. I remember when I first got the email about this program. I was at tutoring, not really paying attention (whoops), and saw the notification for the program from Emily. I read it and was instantly hooked. It seemed so interesting, with all the integrated trips, courses, and of course the free weekends to travel. I was delighted when my parents said I could go for it and apply. They've been so supportive and I am so so thankful. It's weird to think that after all this buildup, it's finally happening. Honestly though, the feelings of excitement have momentarily subsided and have been replaced by nervousness. Like I said, this trip is going to put me way out of my comfort zone and I know I'm ready to be not ready (haha), but there are so many variables that I'm going to just have to do my best to keep an open mind, stop overthinking, and enjoy the moment. Here's to a (hopefully) great trip!

JMD



No comments: