Saturday, May 20, 2017

The very last minute

I wanted to wait until the very last minute to do this inital blog post so I would be able to construct it with the maximum amount of excitement and anxiety. Well that's exactly what I did and that's exactly how I feel that Im about the most excited and most anxious I've ever been in my life. It probably pretty common for people to say it doesn't feel real until you're there. I'm in this group of thinkers. All of the research for traveling and hotels on weekends, how to speak German, the what to pack for study abroad videos...All it's done really is give me an idea of how this experience might go. I've never been to Europe, and I've definitely never had this much freedom. I look forward to making friends with my fellow class mates as well as building relationships with our professors and my host family. I'm also quite interested to see what people in Europe think about America, especially considering our current political climate. I'm not sure exactly how o will change as a person, but I'm definitely open to learning and listening. Hallo Deutschland!

No comments: