Saturday, May 20, 2017

Before I leave...

I have never really traveled outside of the U.S. except for the one time I went to Cancun (and although that was great, it does not compare to what I am about to do).  I have always loved the idea of traveling but never had the guts to ever go.  I decided to go on this program because I realized I needed change and that I needed to do something that I wanted to do.  I felt as though I was in a rut and everything was the same over and over again and I needed something new.  I have always wanted to travel to Europe, learn the different culture, and explore it to it's fullest potential and when I saw that I could study engineering in Germany as well as shadow at a hospital, I knew that I needed to go.  I wanted to go to see another view of the world and study something I love as well.  I could only dream about hiking in Germany, seeing Vienna and Berlin, or anything like this and now I am finally able to actually do that.  I am keeping my mind completely open and not holding any expectations so that I can experience everything to its fullest potential.   I want to be able to accept the challenges that may arise and appreciate everything I am about to encounter.   My main concern is the language barrier but that fear is quickly overruled when I start to think about all the positives that come along with this trip.  I cannot wait to explore Europe as much as possible, meet new people, and fulfill part of my wanderlust that I have always had.

No comments: