Sunday, May 21, 2017

Pre-Departure Statement: The Journey Starts

Two more hours till I leave for the airport. Then my journey starts. I am more than excited for the next five weeks! The time is here and I can’t wait! Packing. It is one thing I don’t like. Going into this adventure, I think it is one of my fears. To be honest, it always is my fear. The thing about packing for me is that I tend to over pack. I tend to take more than I need because I’m always “what if.” However, for this trip, I have decided to try not to over pack (key word try). I packed, then looked at my luggage and knew it was too much. So, I went over my things and started to take things out. Everything I took out, I felt like I needed it. But I did it! I did not over pack (I don’t think so). Now my fear is needing something I left at home.
I am a transfer student that came to Texas A&M in the fall of 2016; I transferred from a community college from my hometown. When I arrived, I knew I wanted to be a part of a study abroad experience. I learned about this program in the fall semester of 2016 through an email. It looked like something I would be interested in, so I looked into it more. I knew I wanted to study abroad and be a part of this particular study abroad program because I have always wanted to go to Europe and experience different cultures. One of the main things that brought me to this program is that it is primarily focused for students in the BIMS program and others related to it. Moreover, I like this program because it involves lots of travel throughout Germany, Austria and other countries. I can’t wait for the excursions! Right now, I really don’t know what to expect. However, I do expect to have a great time and meet lots of great people. Now it’s thirty minutes till I leave for the airport. I have to go. Till next time!



No comments: