Friday, May 26, 2017

First Post of First Week

I have been in Bonn for about five days now, observing everything I can about the place, the people, and the general vibe I get from this place and how it compares to what I have experienced before. My findings in a few words: I freaking love it here! I initially had doubts about the trip in the initial stages of applying and planning, but I am so glad that I went through with my decision. I love the people here, despite not being able to communicate fluently with them (hope that changes). I love the way things run here. I love my classes so far, particularly the History of Medicine class itself (no, I'm not saying that because Dr. Wasser reads these, they legitimately fascinate me).

One of my biggest worries was, and still is, traveling among the different countries and whatnot. With my first weekend trip starting tomorrow with a very early train to Munich, those fears still hold on slightly. However, nothing ventured is nothing gained, and I'm sure I will calm these fears very quickly once the train starts moving.

I will probably talk all about it in my next post tomorrow.

No comments: