Sunday, May 28, 2017

The Munich Adventure

Well.... I can truly say that Munich has been an adventure. My adventures starts with a Saturday morning train that lasted for sechs hours and we arrived in Munich during the afternoon. The train ride was very quiet and relaxing for the most part, the only part that was nervous was making sure we got onto the correct train. When we arrived in Munich, the city at first reminded me of New York City and I felt a little disappointed. The group that I was traveling with explored the city for a bit until we decided to eat. Afterwards, we checked in our place for the night and went to have dinner at Hofbräuhaus. Now, this place was the most German place I have ever been in for my entire existent. Once our taxi driver dropped us off, we went into the entrance and we were surrounded by beer, polka music, food, and laughter. To be honest, it reminded me of my hometown. My hometown, Hallettsville TX, has a Kolache festival during the fall and it is filled with drinks, food, and polka music, so when I went inside Hofbräuhaus, I could only stand there and smile. After searching for a table, which took a long time, we order our food and drinks and had a fantastic time. The food was not bad, but the drinks and the atmosphere made the place worth it. I even got a small glass mug from the place. I think my German ancestors would be very proud of me for going to Hofbräuhaus. Traveling and Hofbräuhaus took most of the day so we decided to head back and sleep. On Sunday, we visited St. Peter's Church (yes, we climbed all of the stairs to the top of the church and the view was beautiful) and Deutsches Museum, which is a massive technology and scientific museum that was quite enjoyable. I particularly liked the pharmaceutical part of the museum that has an animal cell in which a person can walk inside to see the cellular structures. It also had excellent information about asthma, COPD, and heart attacks. In the end of this adventure, it was worth it and I think I am going to sleep well tonight from all of the traveling that I have done. I hope everyone else had good weekend travels.

No comments: