Saturday, May 20, 2017

So It Begins

Tomorrow I board a plane to Bonn, Germany, for what I'm pretty certain will be the best month and a half of my life. I can't wait to get there and start experiencing everything, especially the food. I was drawn to this program in particular because I'm interested in medicine, but mostly because my ancestors are from Germany and Alsace. I hope to travel to some of the places they lived at some point during the program.
Last summer I was lucky enough to travel for the first time to Europe (France and Italy) and ever since that trip I've been dying to get back and experience more. Each time I travel to a different country my perspective on things shifts so much, so I'm prepared for a big transformation by the time I return to the states. It still doesn't feel real so I'm not very nervous yet, but my excitement is through the roof. I'm mostly concerned with making sure I take in everything I possibly can in the time I'll be there and taking every opportunity that comes my way. I also can't wait to meet everyone in the program and start making friends and future travel buddies. See you soon, Germany!

No comments: