Saturday, May 20, 2017

Hours Away

As I count down the hours until I leave the comfort and familiarity of the United States to embark on an adventure to a part of the world I have never experienced, I feel excited but nervous at the same time. While the past couple weeks have been filled with anticipation and the excitement of learning about things to do in Europe and Germany as well as planning trips, flights, and trains there are so many questions that I have about what it's going to be like. What's it going to be like living in a German household with a new family? Or relying entirely on public transportation? I wonder how different it's going to be and if I am going to be able to adjust and thrive in a different culture. I have never been to Europe and have hardly traveled outside of the United States if you count Canada and Mexico with my family. This summer I am going to be living in a different country, not in a resort or hotel for a week or two but completely immersed in the culture of a foreign country. Even though I am a bit nervous, I really cannot wait any longer. I can't wait to make new friends and become close with the other students in the program by adventuring throughout Europe with them. I can't wait for all the cool sights, history, and things to do in the many incredible cities I have planned to visit during my time there. There are so many things that I am very pumped to see and do and experience its hard for me to write it all down. I'm ready to stop thinking and guessing about what it's going to be like and to dive in.

See you in a couple days, Germany.

No comments: