Saturday, May 27, 2017

Week 1 of Germany Adventure

Time flies by when you are having fun. We only arrived at Bonn on Monday and now, it is Saturday. I have been enjoying my time here. I have been learning new things including academic material, like the three major composers during the classical period of music, and cultural material, like kids from Germany don't know how to play Go Fish. I actually just taught my host family how to play Go Fish, which was quite enjoyable. I was first nervous when I arrived at Bonn since it is a foreign place, but I am starting to enjoy Bonn. I love the small bakeries where you can buy fresh goods to the nice summer climate, which beats the Texas's heat any day. My host family has been nothing but nice and caring. I couldn't have ask for any other host family. One adventure that I had, which might seem boring to an average person, but is exciting from me, was visiting a grocery store in Bonn. I found it fascinating at the similar and different food easily available in Bonn. I can recognize similar food in the store like bread, fruits, and etc. but, some products were extremely different. Did you know there was bacon chips?! I actually bought them (well, my host mom saw my reaction when I saw the bacon chips and told me I had to buy them) and they tasted a lot better than I thought. Also if anyone feel like they need a Dr. Pepper fix, they have that here. I feel like this week will be a small step on our giant European adventure. I hope everyone has a wonderful week and takes care!

No comments: