Thursday, May 25, 2017

Pre-departure (5/21)

Tomorrow is the day! I have spent the last week in Barcelona which has given me some time to adjust a little bit. I have dreamt of visiting Germany my entire life, and I cannot believe the time has finally arrived. This is the first time I have traveled to Europe, so I am both excited and a bit anxious not knowing what to expect. I am most excited to be independent and find myself on this journey. I will be doing a lot of solo traveling, which I know will challenge me greatly. I have faith, however, that I will grow as a person more than ever before. I am excited to completely immerse myself in the German culture. I want to go on morning runs, visit coffee shops, and just live in the daily life of a German. I am really looking forward to getting to know my host family. I feel that this is the best possible way to fully experience all that the German people have to offer. The months of preparation are about to pay off, and I can't wait to see what life is like on the other side. Let the journey of a lifetime begin!

-Sarah Speights

No comments: