Sunday, May 21, 2017

I'm coming for ya Germany

The day to leave is finally here and in a few short hours I'll be embarking to gain an experience of a lifetime.  Although I've known that I'd be attending this trip for months it really only just hit me as I'm writing this post in my living room with my packed bags all around me.  I can confidently say that I'm going to be a different person when sitting back on this couch in 6 weeks but I can also just as confidently say that I know nothing of what those changes will be.  Only time will tell all the things I'll learn and the new friendships that will come to fruition.  I'm nervous and excited to dive in head first into German culture with my peers who are all in the same boat as me.  It's important to continue to remind myself how special of an opportunity this is everyday I wake up abroad.  Not everyone gets the chance to have experiences like this and I think keeping this in the back of my mind will help me to maintain an attitude of open mindedness, positivity, and an ambition to learn as much as possible.  I hope that by the end of this trip I'll have been so fulfilled that I'll think twice about hopping back on that 10 hour flight home.

See you in 6 weeks Dallas.

No comments: