Friday, May 26, 2017

My First Week in Bonn


Hallo, y'all! My flight to Frankfurt wasn’t bad at all. Everything went smoothly, except for the fact that I really couldn’t go to sleep on the plane. Thankfully, though, I really didn’t experience much jet-lag. On Monday, me and Emily got to meet my host mom. She is very sweet and kind! And the food she makes is great. Every time I ask if I can help her clean up the dishes, she says not to worry about it. It’s very strange for me, though, because I am used to helping out around the house (my mom is always reminding me to clean after myself). I love the neighborhood we live in, and our walk to the bus stop is about a 2-minute walk so that’s a bonus. We have been in Bonn for five days now, and it’s been great! I feel very comfortable and safe here. I am getting to know more and more my surroundings. Yesterday, I had brunch with my host mom and her son’s family. Because the weather was great, we ate outside and talked. Afterwards, a group of us went to the Seven Hills and went on a hike towards Schloss Drachenburg. From the top of the castle, the view of the Rhine River and surrounding town was phenomenal. We ate at a restaurant along the Rhine River. Back home, I like all my drinks really cold. I basically add ice to everything I drink (including orange juice). Here, however, ice is not the norm and I really haven’t gotten used to this (maybe that will change in the next weeks to come). It’s really strange for me to drink room temperature water, and even stranger to drink sparkling water. Tomorrow morning, I will be going to Munich. It will be my first European excursion! I will let y'all in on my findings there soon. Alright, talk to y’all later. Auf Wiedersehen!  

Dinner with Host Mom
Schloss Drachenburg
Dinner along Rhine River

No comments: