Monday, July 15, 2013

The People We've Met

On our first class lecture, we leared about the comparisons of heathcare in the United States and various countries in Europe such as England and Germany. When I came back home, I was quizzed about what I'd learned in class. It was neat becasue I haven't had someone ask what I learned in school in several years. I've alreay had some pretty remarkable adventures so far, but the most memorable things are the people I have met along the way. On our third night here, I got back too late to the central train station to ride the tram which was the best way I actually knew how to get home, so I was pretty lost and had no idea how to choose the right bus or where exactly to get off. I guessed and asked a nice lady on the bus for some help. She wasn't able to understand most of what I was asking, but the young couple next to me began speaking to me in a very awesome accented english. They were from New Zealand and we were luky enough to have the same stop. So I got off with them and they were generous with their time and wakled me halfway home until the wife was certain I could make it the rest of the way. She was cute and worried even with me and her husband both trying to convince her that I was going to be okay for the rest of the way. One afternoon after going to a nearby German Catholic church, I rode the tram to the central station and ended up sitting accoss from an Irish couple. They spoke, yet again, another aweome version of English. The husband reminded me of a friendly version of Harry Potter's uncle from the movie, and the wife was very sweet and talkative. We spent the entire tram ride talking about our families and our trips in the states and Europe. Dublin is now on my buket list of places to visit. Then there was the group of guys singing american bluegrass/folk songs and some Mumford and Sons songs. They were awesome because I got to request one of my favroite songs that they also knew and we all got to sing along.

No comments: